Most people understand the importance of keeping mold out of the house. They know it causes health problems and is bad for the structural integrity of the property. However, they might not understand mold’s full effects on the respiratory system in Framingham, MA. That’s why we put this post together. Keep reading to learn how mold affects humans, and how you can prevent health issues:
- Breathing problems: Mold spores can trigger an asthma flare-up for people with an existing mold allergy. This asthma attack can be quite serious, depending on the severity of the person’s mold allergy. People who already have asthma or cystic fibrosis are also at risk of developing bronchopulmonary aspergillosis.
- Irritation: Even if the mold particles don’t affect your lungs, they may irritate your eyes, nose, skin and throat. You could experience sneezing, a constant runny nose, dry skin and watery eyes. Although these symptoms aren’t life-threatening, they sure do make daily life unpleasant.
- Mold poisoning: Being exposed to black mold could lead to mycotoxicosis, also known as mold poisoning. Symptoms of mold poisoning include aches and pains, mood swings, memory loss and nosebleeds. Thankfully, mycotoxicosis is most commonly attributed to eating mold, rather than just being near it.
Luckily, preventing mold throughout your home is easier than it seems. Follow these tips, and you’ll likely never have to worry about mold growth:
- Fix leaks: Mold thrives in damp areas, which is why it’s commonly found near areas that experienced a leak. Call a plumber as soon as you notice a leak, especially if it’s behind a wall, where mold could already be thriving.
- Use a dehumidifier: Invest in a dehumidifier if any areas of your home smell musty. Indoor humidity levels should always be below 50 percent in order to avoid growing mold.
- Upgrade your HVAC filter: Finally, upgrade to a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter for your HVAC system. These filters effectively trap mold before they enter the air, so they’re a must for anyone with a mold allergy in Framingham, MA.
Call All N 1 Mold Removal
Whether or not you have a mold allergy in Framingham, MA, mold needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. Here are a few reasons our customers choose us to take care of their mold problems:
- Inspection: We have years of experience performing full inspections of homes and businesses. We know just where to look to find all different varieties of mold.
- Full removal: Once the mold is found, we employ EPA-sanctioned removal processes. You can rest easy knowing that mold won’t be back anytime soon after we’re through with the job.
- Preventative treatment: We can also employ preventative strategies to lower the chance of mold growth from the outset. These strategies include fixing ventilation issues, repairing cracks in the foundation and repairing and replacing drywall.
To avoid mold’s effects on the respiratory system in Framingham, MA, call our professionals at All N 1 Mold Removal right away. Our highly-trained experts are equipped to handle mold wherever it may be growing.