Water damage can wreak havoc on a home, causing structural problems, erosion, mold and mildew development, deterioration and foundation cracking. Whether your home was hit by stormy weather or a plumbing leak, it’s important to identify signs of water damage in Framingham, MA as soon as possible. Keep reading for some tips to identify water damage and address repairs to keep your home in top condition.
Here are some of the most common signs of water damage in Framingham, MA to look out for:
- Unpleasant odors: Unpleasant odors are very common signs of water damage. When ceilings, walls, beams and other materials become wet, they start to develop a musty odor. If you notice something that smells like mildew, it’s likely there’s some water damage in your home that should be remediated.
- Discolored walls and ceilings: Water damage stains paint and causes discoloration. White paint that’s been water damaged typically turns yellowish in color. Discoloration is a common problem on ceilings that are exposed to leaks from the roof. If you notice any paint discoloration, check for leaks coming in from the roof and look for any other sources of water damage, like leaky pipes or malfunctioning fixtures.
- Paint abnormalities: In addition to paint staining, you might notice paint abnormalities like cracking and peeling as a result of water damage. When drywall is exposed to moisture or water, it swells and causes these abnormalities in the paint. Drywall has to be exposed to a lot of moisture to swell and damage paint, so homeowners should take fast action after observing paint peeling and cracking.
- Spikes in water usage: If you’ve noticed that your water bill is higher than usual, it’s possible there’s a leak somewhere in your plumbing system. Even small leaks can contribute to extensive water damage when they aren’t addressed quickly, so it’s important to be on the lookout for any changes to your water usage or spikes in your bill. If you notice something strange with your water usage, it’s a good idea to inspect your system to search for leaks.
- Mold and mildew: Mold and mildew are very common signs of water damage. Mold and mildew thrive in damp conditions and are especially common underneath sinks, in bathrooms, in basements and in kitchen cupboards where there are leaky pipes or dripping appliances. They can be harmful to both your home and your health, so be sure to hire a technician for remediation services as soon as you notice mold or mildew in your home.
Signs of water damage in Framingham, MA
If you’re concerned about water damage in your home, contact All N 1 Mold Removal. We are fully licensed and insured to provide water damage restoration services to commercial and residential customers alike. Regardless of the extent of the damage to your property, we are here to provide comprehensive remediation services to get your home back into the best shape possible. For more information about our thorough and efficient service, reach out to our team today.